Monday, July 20, 2020

The Unicorn Twinns

I tried to fit all eight of the unicorn girls into the same photo, but that ended up being a circus.  Instead, I left Tula out of the group shot (since she already has a home) and omitted poor Ramona from the photo session completely (since she's in a different scale).  Even then, Nora had to photo-bomb the shot in order to be seen!

The Unicorn Twinns!
I wanted to photograph different combinations of these dolls together so that you could see the variety in their skin tones.  No two are the same!

First, here are three of the lighter-skinned girls:

From left: Henna, Olivia, and Arya.
Arya is the palest, although Olivia is quite fair, too.  Henna has more yellow and red tones in her vinyl than Olivia does.

Here's a different trio:

From left: Henna, Arya, and Nora.
Nora has what I consider the most common Denver My Twinn complexion.  It's not super-fair, but it's definitely not a medium skin tone.  I think it's an 02. 

It's particularly interesting to see the contrast between Nora and Henna:

Henna on left, Nora on right.
These are both Denver-era, white-bodied, 1997 dolls, and yet they have differences in their complexions.  I'm not sure if they're an example of an 02 and an 03?  I'd assumed that there would be a bigger difference between 02 and 03, but perhaps not.

Here's a shot of the three girls who have harder-to-find vinyl coloring:

From left: Layla, Tula, and Rani.
As you can see, Layla is much darker than the other two, but there's a pretty big difference between Tula and Rani, too.

Here are Tula and Rani together (the two curly-haired ZaZou wig girls!):

Tula and Rani.
I really like these green-eyed girls, and Rani's wig is incredible.

Tula and Rani.
I included Nora in a shot with Tula and Rani, just so you can see a comparison to the Denver 02 skin tone:

From left: Tula, Nora, and Rani.
Here are Layla and Rani together:

Layla and Rani.
These two both love purple!

Layla and Rani.
Here are the extremes of coloring: Layla and Arya:

Layla and Arya.
I see a similarity between Tula and Arya for some reason.  Maybe it's because they both have blonde hair and silicone eyes?  I actually think it has more to do with how their paint came out.  I'm really happy with the subtle coloring and freckles on both of these girls:

Arya and Tula.
Anyway, those were the most interesting comparisons I could think of.  I hope they're helpful!

I also have a few group shots that I stole from Ramona and Olivia's blog posts, just as a reminder.

Here are the two redheads:

Henna and Olivia (and Lanie!).
And here are the two Helen-faced dolls:

Henna and Ramona.  
I'll end by posting a list of everybody who will be for sale, with a brief summary and a price.  For the most complete information, please visit each doll's original blog post, linked to their name in bold.

Rani is a medium-skinned 2006 doll with the Kate face.  She has a ZaZou Custom Dolls wig and green acrylic eyes from Eyeco.  I think she has one of the best unicorn outfits.



Rani has sold. Thank you!

Henna is a 1997 doll with the Helen face.  She has been through three makeovers and is finally ready to settle down!  She has a gorgeous ZaZou Custom Dolls wig and original Denver brown acrylic eyes with a small scratch.  She has loose ankles, but can still stand on her own.



Henna has sold.  Thank you!

Arya is a pale-skinned 2003 doll with the Danielle face.  She has a Monique wig and blue Platinum Glass (silicone) eyes from Eyeco.  She had a large scuff on her nose that was sanded down.  I think she's sweet, but of course she isn't a Denver doll and the fit of her skirt is a bit tight.



Arya has sold.  Thank you!

Olivia is a non-poseable, 1996 doll with the rare Jessica face.  She has a beautiful Monique wig and grey Platinum Glass (silicone) eyes from Eyeco.  She comes with her authentic My Twinn wheelchair and her friend Lanie.



Olivia has sold.  Thank you!

Ramona is an 18-inch doll with a Doll of a Kind wig and acrylic eyes from Eyeco.  Some of Ramona's makeover was done a while ago, so her eyes/eyelashes are a bit messy.  She also has some vinyl defects around her eyes and the loose limbs that often accompany these smaller My Twinns.



Ramona has sold.  Thank you!

Layla is a rare, dark-skinned 2013 doll with a hand-beaded, braided wig from ZaZou Custom Dolls and glass eyes from Hand Glass Craft.  Layla has a repaired little finger and one of her glass eyes has a small imperfection, so I'm able to charge a bit less for Layla than I would for a normal glass-eyed doll.



Layla has sold.  Thank you!

Nora has a Denver Allison head from 1997 (judged by her original body tag) that I've placed on a 2011 replacement body.  She is wearing a unique, custom-ordered wig from Doll of a Kind and has blue acrylic eyes from Eyeco.  If you look really close, you can see that she used to have a big scuff on her nose.  Nora is the least flashy doll in this group, but she has a sweet face and is really enjoying her new body stability!



Nora has sold.  Thank you!

Once again, thank you for following along on this big project with me, and thank you for all of your kind words and support.  I'm bursting with new ideas for the rest of the summer, and can't wait to get started!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I cannot wait!!! Micah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I’ve been trying to get in touch with you about rani - please contact me - thanks

      Delete
  2. They turned out so beautiful! It's so nice to see Ramona's sweet face again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of them turned out so lovely! The variety of face molds/skin and hair color in the group is super cool.

    ReplyDelete